Criminal justice practitioners typically notify witnesses using paper deliveries or, at best, email notifications. It's much like throwing a football down the field without knowing if it's been caught. As a result, court notices are sent to retired officers or those with scheduling conflicts.
Subpoena deliveries to community citizens or to jailed witnesses are labor intense and difficult to track. Maintaining the status quo can result in court delays or contribute to unnecessary overtime costs. Judicial and public safety organizations need a smarter solution. Both need Orion.
CourtNotify is the only end-to-end software solution on the market today that closes gaps between the courts and public safety or civilian witnesses. The software can be used independently by public safety agencies or integrated with case management systems to unify court clerks, prosecutors, public defenders, and public safety personnel. It’s a proven solution that’s being used coast-to-coast.
Results for City and Parish Courts
• Eliminated data entry processes
• Improved attendance of law enforcement witnesses
• Reduced case event rescheduling due to attendance conflicts
• Eliminated outdated legacy subpoena platform
• Reduced paper costs for law enforcement subpoenas
Results for New Orleans Police
• Removed last minute notifications for court attendance
• Reduced overtime for unnecessary court attendance
• Reduced court attendance manual administration
• Improved field strength due to disregard notifications
"Timely, accurate and shared information is critical to the operations of every criminal justice agency in New Orleans. Post-Katrina manpower shortages made labor saving efficiencies like CourtNotify, even more important."
Dr. Heidi Unter, New Orleans Police and Justice Foundation
Results for Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office
• Eliminated deputy deliveries to police stations
• Eliminated hand deliveries for short notices
• Reduced delivery time and gas costs for civilian service
• Reduced costs for service to incarcerated witnesses
Quickly add witnesses to case events and send online notices to officers or civilian service deputies. View officers’ schedules in real-time with time-stamped notice delivery and receipt acknowledgements. It’s an insightful means of monitoring notifications as part of a case’s progression.
Civilian service deliveries can be presented in sorted zip code order for optimal delivery routes. Incarcerated witnesses are flagged and includes jailed locations. Scanners, laptops, or mobile devices can be used to enter delivery results. It's an efficient solution for court administrators and serving agencies.
Officers receive and acknowledge court notifications in real-time using IOS or Android mobile devices. It’s a great way to save administration time and coordinate schedules.
Capture officer attendance and case result details. Rules can be applied to ensure officers do not check into events too early or remain too long after their cases have concluded. With this solution, you are quantifying the previously unquantifiable.